African Pro-Poor Tourism Foundation, USA is organized
exclusively for charitable, scientific and educational
purposes; more specifically to use tourism as a strategic
tool to alleviate poverty, promote gender equality,
harness community conservation and help in the reduction
of transmission of HIV/AIDS through tourism. Our vision,
mission, objectives and core values form the pillar
of our operations and are outline below.
"Prosperous and empowered rural communities enjoying
improved living conditions as a result of community
participation in community based tourism."
African Pro-poor Tourism Foundation is a charitable
organization mandated to facilitate the usage of tourism
as a strategic tool to alleviate poverty, promote gender
equity and enhance sustainable development
To make poverty history through the use of of tourism
as a strategic tool to alleviate poverty in Africa.
Increase the potential for tourism to deliver pro-poor
growth by offering significant benefits to the poorest
2. Improve the coordination between the efforts of various
stakeholders in Kenya's travel and tourism industry
in order to maximize the potential to support pro-poor
3. To introduce, develop, manage, and market pro-poor
tourism in Sub-Saharan Africa.
4. To be a voice for pro-poor tourism in the media,
tourism industry and government.
5. Conduct pro-poor tourism research to evaluate its
potentials and constraints.
6. To do all things in furtherance of the above objectives
Our Core Values
1.Contribution to Society
Fairness and Honesty
3. Cooperation and Team Spirit
4. Untiring Effort for Improvement
5. Courtesy and Humility